Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

My Anzac Story

My ANZAC STORY


It was a cold morning in April and i got up at 5 am to go to the dawn parade. We drove into town and
made our way to the memorial. There were lots and lots of people who had come to watch and
remember the people who went to war for our country.


I saw lots of brave soldiers walking down the aisle and standing to attention and lots of flags waving in
the wind. I also saw beautiful green wreaths and rosey red poppies. 


I can hear a soldier playing the last post, it made me feel sad to hear it. I also heard people doing
speeches  and a poem called we will remember them. 

At the end I saw a  beautiful sun rise rising up in the sky and it made me realise how lucky I was that
I did not have to go to war. I felt so grateful for the men who sacrificed their life at war and happy that
I can be here to honour and respect them and their families.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic story about ANZAC and your picture Sophia. Thank you for sharing how you were feeling. It is great to see you highlighting adjectives and strong descriptive language - ka pai!
    Miss Gill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olivia,

    It was so nice reading your story about ANZAC Day. I like all the descriptive words you have used, it really helps the reader to form a picture in their head.
    Have you gone to town early on ANZAC Day before and stood at the Dawn Service?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Sophia.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post